Location: Hillsboro, OR
Kraemer Design Services is seeking an accomplished Project Manager who will be responsible for providing guidance and training/mentoring of our design resources in all areas of work we do associated with all aspects of a project. The Project Manager will be responsible to ensure that the project team are meeting the client’s desires and budget. Work with a team of engineers and designers on a variety of projects. In addition to providing management with reports of project status, schedules, resources restraints, and other statues covering the different aspects of the success and failures of projects.
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
The Project Manager has the overall responsibility for project performance and customer satisfaction, taking it from concept to completion. Each Project Manager has full profit and performance responsibility for his/her projects. These responsibilities include:
• Responsible for managerial and administrative aspects of projects. This includes being proficient in estimating, scheduling, quality control, progress reports, progress billing, design review and coordination, cost reporting, safety and proposal preparation.
• Provide direct daily management and support to design team of Engineers and Designers.
• Review and direct revisions to design packages as required.
• Review as-builds and redlines.
• Define scopes and propose on new work.
• Participate in proposal meetings with Customers, and Owners to review the scope of work, discuss ways to reduce costs, and provide value engineering ideas.
• Ensure that accurate and complete estimates for projects are prepared. Project Managers work closely with Customers and • Owners and the design team to develop preliminary bids.
• Manage design packages set-up and sheets.
• Manage preparation of record set designs.
• Manage cross discipline coordination (Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, and Structural).
• Manage designs adherence to documented CAD standards and procedures.
• Coordinate changes and gather information from various resources to enable correct information flow.
• Setup and maintain projects schedules.
• Setup and maintain project budgets.
• Remain cost conscious and aware of every aspect of each project at all times.
• Conduct weekly safety meetings.
• Conduct progress meetings with Customers, and Owners.
• Conduct design review meetings with key stakeholders
• Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of relevant experience.
• PMP preferred but not required.
• Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Office suite, and high adaptability to learning new software and technology.
• Possess advanced knowledge of project management techniques, design standards, principles and practices.
• Professionally perform multiple, detailed-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
• Ability to work both individually and with a team, take direction and go beyond your job description when needed.
• Solid writing and organization skills.
• Possess strong work ethic, integrity and loyalty.
• Team player with the ability to work well under pressure.
• Understanding the importance of excellent customer service and maintaining a positive attitude.
• Ability to work in a clean room environment.
• Ability to read and comprehend and clearly communicate information in engineering drawings.
• U.S. citizenship is required
This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.