Human Resources GeneralisT
Location: MEsa, AZ
The HR Generalist will assist the Office Manager & Executive Staff by providing assistance with the companies Human Resource needs. Works with multiple sites in different states on a variety of projects to ensure compliance and retention. In addition to working with employees directly, this individual will team with clients and vendors.
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
The Human Resources Generalist position administers compensation and benefit plans. Assisting in talent acquisition and recruitment processes. Conducting employee on-boarding and help plan training & development. Is responsible for, but not limited to planning, executing and coordinating with professionalism in a corporate, industrial and construction environment. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
• Ensure benefits policies are competitive and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
• Advise managers on organizational policy matters, such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
• Timekeeping software training and maintenance.
• Prepare employee time, benefits, wages and other information for the accurate processing of payroll.
• Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, firing employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
• Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
• Assist in recruiting, pre-screening, and interviewing applicants.
• Plan and organize personnel, training, or labor relations activities.
• Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, safety and recreation programs.
• Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion, and employee benefits, while ensuring compliance.
• Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
• Assist with company social media and events.
• Able to take on other tasks to assist the executive team in a growing small business.
• Associate’s Degree in Human Resources / business related OR 2-5 years of HR Experience.
• Understanding of local, multi-state and federal employment laws.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite is required, and a high adaptability to learning new software and technology.
• Perform multiple, detailed-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
• Ability to work both individually and with a team, give and take direction and go beyond your job description when needed.
• Work well in a collaborative work environment.
• Solid writing and organization skills.
• Possess strong work ethic, integrity and loyalty.
• Team player with the ability to work well under pressure.
• Understanding the importance of excellent customer service and maintaining a positive attitude.
• U.S. citizenship is required.
• Pass HR knowledge test.
• Experience with medium size A/E firm or Construction Industry.
• Worked in an HR role with a company that grew from small to mid-size.
• Experience using QuickBooks.
This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.