Location: Chandler, AZ
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
The General Designer position is responsible for, but not limited to designing and developing layouts for multiple systems on new projects related to primarily manufacturing systems, improving manufacturing processes, layouts, tooling and facilities.
- Responsible for designing and developing layouts for multi-discipline systems.
- Establishing and improving standards, practices, guidelines, and specifications for general designing and drafting.
- Provide real time advice and decisions, technical in nature and cost estimates as needed to the project managers.
- Review and facilitate revisions to design packages as required.
- Review as-builds and redlines.
- Coordinate with all disciplines involved (Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, and Structural), including outside consultants and contractors.
- Technical interface with code officials and contractors and customers.
- Participate in meetings with Customers, and Owners to review the scope of work, discuss ways to reduce costs, and provide value engineering ideas.
- Coordinate changes and gather information from various resources to enable correct information flow.
- Review and interpret engineering specifications.
- Bachelors degree preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 1+ years of relevant experience required; 3+ years preferred with progressive technical experience.
- Technical input for multiple projects with proven success providing technical oversight on projects that meet contract specifications and technical standards to the client on time and within budget.
- Proficient in AutoCAD or equivalent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, and a high adaptability to learning new software and technology.
- Possess advanced knowledge of design standards, principles and practices.
- Professionally perform multiple, detailed-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
- Ability to work both individually and with a team, give and take direction and go beyond your job description when needed.
- Solid writing and organization skills.
- Possess strong work ethic, integrity and loyalty.
- Team player with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Understanding the importance of excellent customer service and maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to work in a clean room environment.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.