Electrical I&C Designer
Location: Chandler, AZ
Kraemer Design Services is seeking an accomplished Electrical I&C (Instrumentation and Controls) Designer, who will be responsible for designing and developing layouts and assist with producing schematics for Electrical and Instrumentation & Controls systems. The Electrical I&C Designer will assist the Project Managers by providing technical guidance to help meet the client’s desires and budget. Work with a team of engineers and designers on a variety of projects. In addition to working with electrical engineers, this individual will team with architectural, mechanical, structural, and other disciplines to provide a full-range services to our clients.
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
The overall responsibility of the Electrical I&C Designer is to provide design efforts for projects related to commercial, high tech, and semiconductor industries. This will include organization and planning of the overall design effort. Support Electrical and Instrumentation Engineers with development of design and drawings. Efficiently and accurately develop wiring and installation drawings for electrical equipment and instrumentation. This job requires heavy interaction with designers and engineers within the Engineering group, and from other disciplines, in a team environment to create multi-discipline design packages for construction.
• Designing components and terminations for complete instrumentation interconnect wiring diagrams
• Creating instrument installation details/drawings, loop sheets, panel layouts, DCS and PLC wiring
• Specifying process instruments, size control valves, safety relief valves, pumps, etc.
• Modifying piping and instrumentation drawings/diagrams (P&IDs)
• Ability to design and layout control panels and bill of materials
• Ability to layout conduit matrices and conduit and cable schedules
• Ability to draw wiring diagrams, panel schedules, and interconnection diagrams
• Knowledge of electrical engineering principles and practices and construction specifications
• Responsible for designing and developing layouts for electrical systems.
• Collaborating with a design team of engineers and drafters to produce a complete drawing installation package.
• Ability to use the latest version of Revit and/or AutoCAD to prepare design drawings with plans and details as designated by the engineering team.
• MUST have attention to detail.
• Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks while maintaining efficiency and quality of work
• Knowledge of drafting standards with ability to produce clean, clear and concise design drawings in accordance with each client’s codes and standards
• Must be able to work well in a team environment
• Problem solving and critical-thinking skills when designing/developing engineered drawings
• Takes pride in work and takes initiative to expand knowledge base.
• Bachelor of Science degree in either Instrumentation Engineering or Electrical Engineering preferred, but not required.
• Minimum 1+ years of relevant experience required; 3+ years preferred with progressive technical experience.
• Technical input for multiple projects with proven success providing technical oversight on projects that meet contract specifications and technical standards to the client on time and within budget.
• Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit, or equivalent.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite is required, and a high adaptability to learning new software and technology.
• Possess advanced knowledge of design standards, principles and practices.
• Professionally perform multiple detailed-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
• Ability to work both individually and with a team, give and take direction and go beyond your job description when needed.
• Solid writing and organization skills.
• Possess strong work ethic, integrity and loyalty.
• Team player with the ability to work well under pressure.
• Understanding the importance of excellent customer service and maintaining a positive attitude.
• Ability to work in a clean room environment.
• U.S. citizenship is required.
This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.