Electrical Designer I
Location: Chandler, AZ
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
The Electrical Designer I position is responsible for, but not limited to designing and developing layouts for elecrical systems on various projects related to primarily manufacturing systems, improving manufacturing processes, layouts, tooling and facilities.
- Responsible for designing and developing layouts for electrical systems.
- Establishing and improving standards, practices, guidelines, and specification for mechanical discipline area.
- Provide real time advice and decisions, technical in nature and cost estimates as needed to the project managers.
- Review and direct revisions to design packages as required.
- Review as-builds, submittals and redlines.
- Coordinate with all disciplines involved (Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, and Structural), including outside consultants and contractors.
- Technical interface with code officials and contractors and customers.
- Participate in meetings with Customers, and Owners to review the scope of work, discuss ways to reduce costs, and provide value engineering ideas.
- Coordinate changes and gather information from various resources to enable correct information flow.
- Review and interpret engineering specifications.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 1+ years of relevant experience required; 3+ years preferred with progressive technical experience.
- Technical input for multiple projects with proven success providing technical oversight on projects that meet contract specifications and technical standards to the client on time and within budget.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit, or equivalent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite is required, and a high adaptability to learning new software and technology.
- Possess advanced knowledge of design standards, principles and practices.
- Professionally perform multiple, detailed-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
- Ability to work both individually and with a team, give and take direction and go beyond your job description when needed.
- Solid writing and organization skills.
- Possess strong work ethic, integrity and loyalty.
- Team player with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Understanding the importance of excellent customer service and maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to work in a clean room environment.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.