Location: Chandler, AZ
Kraemer Design Services is seeking an accomplished Electrical Designer, who will be responsible for designing and developing layouts for electrical systems, assists in the production of detailed schematics for Electrical systems. The Electrical Designer will assist the Project Managers by providing technical guidance to help meet the client’s desires and budget. Work with a team of engineers and designers on a variety of projects. In addition to working with electrical engineers, this individual will team with architectural, mechanical, structural, and other disciplines to provide a full-range services to our clients.
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
The overall responsibility of the Electrical Designer position provides professional guidance, leadership and training to other personnel. Is responsible for, but not limited to planning and coordinating new projects related to primarily manufacturing systems, improving manufacturing processes, layouts, tooling and facilities.
• Responsible for designing and developing layouts for electrical systems.
• Establishing and improving standards, practices, guidelines, and specification for mechanical discipline area.
• Ability to layout conduit matrices and conduit and cable schedules.
• Ability to draw wiring diagrams, panel schedules, and interconnection diagrams.
• Knowledge of electrical engineering principles and practices and construction specifications.
• Provide real time advice and decisions, technical in nature and cost estimates as needed to the project managers.
• Review and direct revisions to design packages as required.
• MUST have attention to detail.
• Takes pride in work and takes initiative to expand knowledge base.
• Review as-builds, submittals and redlines.
• Coordinate with all disciplines involved (Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, and Structural), including outside consultants and contractors.
• Technical interface with code officials and contractors and customers.
• Ability to use the latest version of Revit and/or AutoCAD to prepare design drawings with plans and details as designated by the engineering team.
• Must be able to work well in a team environment.
• Participate in meetings with Customers, and Owners to review the scope of work, discuss ways to reduce costs, and provide value engineering ideas.
• Problem solving and critical-thinking skills when designing/developing engineered drawings.
• Coordinate changes and gather information from various resources to enable correct information flow.
• Review and interpret engineering specifications.
• Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering preferred, but not required.
• Minimum 1+ years of relevant experience required; 3+ years preferred with progressive technical experience.
• Technical input for multiple projects with proven success providing technical oversight on projects that meet contract specifications and technical standards to the client on time and within budget.
• Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit, or equivalent.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite is required, and a high adaptability to learning new software and technology.
• Possess advanced knowledge of design standards, principles and practices.
• Professionally perform multiple, detailed-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
• Ability to work both individually and with a team, give and take direction and go beyond your job description when needed.
• Solid writing and organization skills.
• Possess strong work ethic, integrity and loyalty.
• Team player with the ability to work well under pressure.
• Understanding the importance of excellent customer service and maintaining a positive attitude.
• Ability to work in a clean room environment.
• Authorized to work in the U.S.
This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.