Database Administrator V
Location: Chandler, AZ
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
The Database Administrator has the overall responsibility for performance, integrity and security of a database. The Database Administrator is responsible for the database organization and operations, procedures and resources to facilitate database effectiveness and efficiency. These responsibilities include:
- Responsible for administrative aspects of databases. This includes being proficient in scheduling, quality control, reports, coordination, and reporting.
- Assisting in database design and implementation.
- Updating and amending existing databases.
- Setting up and testing new database and data handling systems.
- Monitor database efficiency.
- Sustaining the security and integrity of databases.
- Creating complex query definitions that allow data to be extracted.
- Training colleagues in how to input and extract data.
- Provide historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of data.
- Maintains efficiency by planning and implementing new systems and techniques.
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, and integrity.
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users.
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedure and standards.
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or 5+ years of relevant proven Database Administration.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, office software packages and high adaptability to learning new software and technology.
- Knowledge of Database Administration management practices and procedures.
- Understanding of structured query language (SQL).
- Knowledge of ‘relational database management systems’ (RDBMS), ‘object oriented database management systems’ (OODBMS) and XML database management systems.
- Proficient in one or more of the leading database management systems, such as, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2, MySQL and Oracle.
- Professionally perform multiple, detailed-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
- Ability to work both individually and with a team, take direction and go beyond your job description when needed.
- Solid writing and organization skills.
- Possess strong work ethic, integrity and loyalty.
- Team player with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Understanding the importance of excellent customer service and maintaining a positive attitude.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.