Location: Hillsboro, OR
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
The Cad Planner position is responsible for, but not limited to factory layout and planning for multiple systems on existing and new projects related to primarily manufacturing systems, improving manufacturing processes, layouts, tooling and facilities. These responsibilities include:
• CAD Layout Support
• Factory Equipment Layout (Space Planning).
• Updating and amending existing design layouts.
• Manage design database efficiency and accuracy.
• Monitoring and reporting the security and integrity of design data.
• Provide historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of design data.
• Maintains efficiency by planning and implementing new systems and techniques.
• Create, revise and input business information models.
• Coordination with customers and vendors regarding what space requirements and information needed for the various installs.
• Engage users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner.
• Create CAD blocks from information provided and preform validation as needed.
• As-Build the physical floor space in preparation for new installs, or, as a post-install exercise.
• Perform “what-if” layout scenarios to help determine best case locations and orientations of equipment or systems in the available space, while taking into consideration product flow, tool operator safety, and cost impacts.
• Coordinate with all disciplines involved (Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, and Structural), including outside consultants and contractors.
• Work directly with the customers and the design company to help bridge the gap and provide any necessary communication required to ensure all install projects are completed with a high level of accuracy
• Participate in meetings with Customers, and Owners to review the scope of work, discuss ways to reduce costs, and provide value engineering ideas.
• Coordinate changes and gather information from various resources to enable correct information flow.
• Validate the First of Kind equipment and CAD blocks for the Virtual Factory. Includes validating sizes, points of connections, and observing and documenting clearance requirements.
• Manage and update the Plan of Record CAD drawings, maintain attributes for overall manufacturing and support spaces.
• Maintain the AutoCAD Block Library and manage global groups required for future installs.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 2+ years of relevant proven space planning / CAD layout experience.
• Proficient in AutoCAD or Revit, Microsoft Office suite, office software packages and high adaptability to learning new software and technology.
• Professionally perform multiple, detailed-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
• Able to work well in a group setting, as well as an individual with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work both individually and with a team, take direction and go beyond your job description when needed.
• Solid writing and organization skills.
• Possess strong work ethic, integrity and loyalty.
• Team player with the ability to work well under pressure.
• Understanding the importance of excellent customer service and maintaining a positive attitude.
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.