Location: Chandler, AZ
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
The CAD Drafter position is responsible for, but not limited to assisting in drafting for the design and development of various systems on new projects related to primarily manufacturing systems, improving manufacturing processes, layouts, tooling and facilities. These responsibilities include:
- Responsible for assisting in drafting for the design and development for multi-discipline systems.
- Assisting in establishing and improving standards, practices, guidelines, and specifications for general designing and drafting.
- Provide real time advice and decisions, technical in nature as needed to the project managers and other team members.
- Review and facilitate revisions to design packages as required.
- Review as-builds and redlines.
- Coordinate with all disciplines involved (Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, and Structural), including outside consultants and contractors.
- Participate in meetings with Customers, and Owners to review the scope of work, discuss ways to reduce costs, and provide improvement ideas.
- Coordinate changes and gather information from various resources to enable correct information flow throughout the design process.
- Review and interpret engineering specifications and drawings.
- High School degree.
- Proficient in AutoCAD or equivalent.
- General knowledge of various design software systems like Revit, MicroStation, MEP, Inventor, AutoCAD products is considered a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, and a high adaptability to learning new software and technology.
- Possess working knowledge of design standards, principles and practices.
- Professionally perform multiple, detailed-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
- Ability to work both individually and with a team, give and take direction and go beyond your job description when needed.
- Solid writing and organization skills.
- Possess strong work ethic, integrity and loyalty.
- Team player with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Understanding the importance of excellent customer service and maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to work in a clean room environment.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.