Location: Mesa, AZ
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
The BIM Specialist has the responsibility to create highly detailed 3D BIM models utilizing computer aided design software (CAD). Coordinate with Trade partners and resolve model conflicts prior to construction. 3D Drafters need to be comfortable reviewing and working with 2D construction document packages and have a good understanding of reading and interpreting specifications, details, and submittal data to incorporate the correct information into the modeling process. These responsibilities include:
- Follow 2D construction drawings to create constructible 3D models.
- Attend coordination meetings.
- Read, understand, and incorporate project submittals, specifications, and code.
- Collaborate with other teams drafters for clash/conflict resolution.
- Meet with clients for project reviews and updates.
- Produce plan view shop drawings for clients field construction teams.
- Create spool/isometric sheets for pre-fabrication.
- Produce high quality deliverables within very strict time constraints.
- Set up sheet layouts, dimensions styles, scales and viewports.
- Communicate with team members, project manager, and clients regularly for project updates.
- Provide solutions for various issues that arise on different projects.
- 1-2 years of commercial construction field experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, and high adaptability to learning new software and technology.
- Able to think outside the box & demonstrate creative problem solving skills.
- Possess advanced knowledge of design standards, principles and practices.
- Ability to read and comprehend and clearly communicate information in engineering drawings.
- Professionally perform multiple, detailed-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
- Ability to work both individually and with a team, take direction and go beyond your job description when needed.
- Self-starter and capable to work without constant direction.
- Solid writing and organization skills.
- Possess strong work ethic, integrity and loyalty.
- Team player with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Understanding the importance of excellent customer service and maintaining a positive attitude.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- 1-2 years CAD experience.
- Familiar with Revit and Navisworks.
- CAD Degree/Certificate is a plus.
This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.