Location: Mesa, AZ
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
The BIM Specialist has the responsibility of coordinating the process of generating and managing digital models of places or objects. The Specialist is additionally responsible for acting as a liaison between stakeholders. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Responsible for creation of 3D & 2D design models.
• Assist in maintenance and upkeep of relevant models.
• Update and amend existing design data.
• Work with customers field teams to ensure the accuracy and constructability of the different modeled systems.
• Coordinate and collaborate across all discipline specific designers and modelers.
• Ensure all model content is compatible and BIM data is available to all project participants.
• Provide historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of design data.
• Maintains efficiency by planning and implementing new systems and techniques.
• Engage users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner.
• Create, revise and input applicable relevant information to the models.
• Provide clear communication and direction across all discipline specific designers and modelers.
• Ensures all models are compatible and BIM data is available to all project participants.
• Collaborate with design team and other departments to reach production goals.
• Complete operational requirements; following up on work results.
• Keep management informed by reviewing and analyzing procedures and identify trends.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge through educational workshops, professional publications, personal networks, professional societies, etc.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Associates degree or equivalent or 2+ years of relevant proven BIM modeling experience.
• Proficient in AutoCAD or Revit, Navisworks, Microsoft Office suite, office software packages and high adaptability to learning new software and technology.
• Applicable field experience is a plus.
• Professionally perform multiple, detailed-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
• Able to work well in a group setting, as well as an individual with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work both individually and with a team, take direction and go beyond your job description when needed.
• Solid writing and organization skills.
• Possess strong work ethic, integrity and loyalty.
• Team player with the ability to work well under pressure.
• Understanding the importance of excellent customer service and maintaining a positive attitude.
• U.S. citizenship is required.
• Construction field experience in the Mechanical, Electrical, or Plumbing trades is a plus.
This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.