Location: Chandler, AZ
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
The 3D Coordinator has the responsibility of leading a team by coordinating the process of generating and managing digital 3D models of objects based on customer input and schedules. The 3D Coordinator is additionally responsible for acting as a liaison between stakeholders. These responsibilities include:
• Responsible for coordination of 3D & 2D design models.
• Assisting in maintenance and upkeep of relevant models.
• Updating and amending existing design databases.
• Constantly work with and maintain updated schedules to ensure the team is focused on the applicable tasks based on due date and priority.
• Monitor design database efficiency and accuracy.
• Monitoring and reporting the security and integrity of design data.
• Provide historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of design data.
• Maintains efficiency by planning and implementing new systems and techniques.
• Create, revise and input business information models.
• Supervise other employees working with 3D models.
• Engage users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner.
• Provide clear communication and direction across all discipline specific designers and modelers.
• Ensures all models are compatible and BIM data is available to all project participants.
• Collaborates with design team and other departments to identify goals and communicate procedural changes.
• Completes operational requirements; following up on work results.
• Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 2+ years of relevant proven BIM/3D Coordination experience.
• Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, NavisWorks, Microsoft Office suite, office software packages and high adaptability to learning new software and technology.
• Professionally perform multiple, detailed-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
• Able to work well in a group setting, as well as an individual with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work both individually and with a team, take direction and go beyond your job description when needed.
• Solid writing and organization skills.
• Possess strong work ethic, integrity and loyalty.
• Team player with the ability to work well under pressure.
• Understanding the importance of excellent customer service and maintaining a positive attitude.
• U.S. citizenship is required.
This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.